Sunday, August 2, 2009

Inspiration comes in the strangest ways

Rob is one of the greatest people I have ever known. I am a better person for having known him. But enough ass kissing.
He began this 365 photo project.... and it made me think... he will be a much better photographer in a year if he does it every day. Hmph... I bet if I played guitar every day for a year Id be a better guitarist.
And thus... we begin.


Tools... gotta have tools.


So I picked up a guitar... well two actually..
Fender Roland Ready Strats because I have always wanted to play a guitar synth as well.





I needed a synth to noodle with so I got a Roland GR-33




Yeah I know the gr-20 is the new model, but I tried it and didnt like it.


The GR-33 is geared more towards my need to learn and explore.


Then I needed some effects. I could have gone with the POD XT or something... but BOSS has been making guitar effects for as long as I can remember and their latest and greatest is the


BOSS GT-10
Now I know you would have to be thinking... this guy has some serious skills or he wouldnt be buying pro gear!
BOOOONK!
Wrong!
I can barely play.
Here is the fun part... Im going to post videos of my progress.
From the kid at christmas opening up all of these pieces of gear.
To the noodling around looking for the right tones.
To the excruciating attempts at playing.
YOU WERE WARNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment